Saturday, July 25, 2009

Project Peranakan

Today is a rush from one place to another for tuition and school project. It is Peranakan Project day. We drove to Joo Chiat Road and take pictures of the shops and the facade of the buildings in the yore days. For food we tried Bak Kut Teh or pork ribs soup. The food is good but a tad on the expensive side. We had a medium size claypot of ribs mixed with stomach, liver and intestines. A side dish of salted vegetable and claypot tofu.

It is a hot and humid afternoon. We feel tired and dehydated walking for an hour. There is an Antique Shop that sell old Peranakan articles along East Coast right between 328 Katong Laksa and Mee Chin Coffeeshop famous for Kaya(coconut jam). At the Antique shop, I saw my favorite appetitizer, Nonya Achar. I bought a bottle for S$10. Kind of expensive. This food will bring me nostalgia to the days when I was growing up, so I think it is ok to pay the handsome price.

No comments: