Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Dinner, The Social Glue

Dinner was at Chilli's, the American joint. Juggling by the crowd, economy in Malaysia has not impacted resturant business. The office team and I had good solid American food that is very rich and unhealthy. We had steak, hamburgers, lamb chop and deep fried chicken filets.

The conversation was relax and about family, part-time school and training. We had a lovely time sharing different experiences especially on family idiosyncasies. The sharing and just having conversations is a good social glue to learn more about each other and share a different face or role we all have. Work is a one of the many roles we each all play daily. In our team, our philosophy is we have a complete person at work not just an unit of labour or the role played.

The highlight of the dinner is a mature female colleague says that I am the most handsome guy in the office. My ego swell so much that I was floating on the ceiling! Actually, I know where I stand. There is a young good looking guy who is very fair and have Korean blood. He is "pretty" she says. Another female colleague totally agrees with "pretty" label.

Sigh! I wish I am really handsome. I have not got any indecent proposal yet...so the truth is out there.

No comments: