Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reading for Enjoyment and Enjoys Reading

I wonder the difference between enjoying reading and reading for enjoyment. I always enjoys reading. I read a lot related to work, learning and leadership. However, I start to wonder about reading for enjoyment. I have not read for enjoyment for sometime now. The "sometime" is more than twenty years likely thirty even. As a kid and growing up, I enjoys Enid Blyton. I go through 3 per week. Then it was fairy tales and folk tales. I loves stories of scientists so much that one of my dreams is to be a scientist. Tom Edison was my idol then George Washington Carver, a black scientist who invented peanut butter.

Well, maybe I should allocate some time for reading for pleasure, just pure simple enjoyment, with no worry that I am wasting my time or it does not add to my knowledge. Reading just to relax and let the pages unfold and the story flow....

No comments: