Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happier!

This is an interesting book it helps me to understand how to be happier. I enjoys learning that money isn't everything (and who doesn't know this). This book is different with "Time In" instead of time out. Time In is an exercise, mental exercise to relive some of the positive emotions when we perform altruistic acts. Ralph Waldo Emerson puts it "A man cannot help someone without helping himself". I do feel good about helping others. It bring forth nice warm feelings. However, I do get disappointed if I did not get thanks or feel appreciated sometimes. So I feel maybe I am not genuinely altruistic as I get this feeling.

Maybe one day I would attain the highest level by giving and not expecting acknowledgement all the time. Then I would truely be happy!

No comments: