Sunday, March 22, 2009

Exercise to be Happier

What for me is worth all of the gold in Fort Knox?

First I think it will be nice to own and I shall not be greedy, 5% of the gold in Fort Knox. While the question was to direct me to answer the question what is worth more than money in the world, I would like to own more money. With the money, I can buy freedom. Freedom to travel in style i.e. business class air travel and 5 star hotels. Freedom from worry about job, household expenses, kids' college expenses and many other expenses of daily life.

Now let examine this question in a different perspective. Let's keep my needs simple and less. No travel, no tuition for the kids, no worry about household expenses. What is worth all the gold for me? It is time with the family. Watching the boys grow up and teaching them values. Our family values are honesty, integrity, diligence, love for one another and time together. We eat together alot and spend time in the mall together. Ya, this is the sad part. We mostly spend time in the mall as we do not have a lot of other interests. The boys and I cycle alot together. Sometimes they join me for swimming. I help them out whenever they need help e.g. setup the video recorder or fix the computer for them. My wife will wait for them while they are in tuition class. All these daily activities cannot be bought will all the gold in the world. Helping them to do the best they can. Making sure they learn and do all their homework. Imparting courtesy and respect for adults and relatives. Time together.

I may be able to spend with wanton. But family will be forever. So money or not, I would rank time with my family worth all the GOLD in Fort Knox.

No comments: