Monday, January 26, 2009

A Detached Perspective

I watched the TCS actors and actresses singing the New Year songs. It must be hard to be in the performing arts. Some sang well and other not so. The main theme of Chinese New Year is Wealth and sub themes supporting the main theme are Health, Prosperity, Good Luck, Career Success and Growth, and Happiness. As I watched the song and dance, I find that I am rather detached from the celebrations. Maybe it is the sombre mood of the economy, or the work stress. I did not find the variety show entertaining. Maybe I am a movie bluff. Action movies and musicals are my favorites. I need a storyline.
The great thing about this crisis is the Government of the world are doing their utmost to contain this monster and prevent an economic crisis. With concerted efforts, I am sure the depression will not occur and economy will turnaround in a much shorter time.
May the new year be Oxpicious for everyone.

No comments: