Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where would I like to Retire?

This is the question I have been pondering for a long time. Canada like my mum? Also neighbouring Asean countries like Malaysia or Thailand. Cost is lower and healthcare is world class. How about passing time? Internet, libraries, bookstores and cafes. These are top on my list of must haves. There must be our local food at low prices. Safety and political stability are other factors to consider. Actually Singapore scores high on the various parameters. The biggest disadvantage is cost. The other strong disadvantage is lack of natural places for entertainment like lakes for fishing, winter sport such as skiing. We cannot go to the countryside for R&R. Our "countryside" is very expensive and is run like vacation business.
I need a hobby farm to grow something useful for human consumption. Singapore is out of the question for this. Maybe Batam or Bintan is another option. Where? The day will come when I have to decide.

No comments: