Saturday, November 08, 2008

Food That Cause Bad Reactions

I just returned from Malacca and KL. Malacca was a food tasting trip. Our first order after checking into Holiday Inn is to go for dinner. We went to the Portuguese Settlement for seafood. We had crabs, bbq fish, deep fried sotong, otah and rojak. The table is set at the edge of sea. The sea was so dark. There were no ship out. Unfortunately, it was cloudy and the stars cannot be seen. With no artificial lights and clear view of the sky, I am quite sure if there is UFO, it will be seen clearly.
Then day 2, we had satay celup. Satay celup a big pot of peanut sauce in the center of the table just like Korean bbq. You go to the fridge to select the food that come in a long sticks. The sticks are colour coded on based on price. Red-end is RM0.60 per stick and regular is RM0.50. After collecting your choice, just dipped into the satay sauce until it is cooked and sup them up. There were bean curd skin, fishballs, prawns, kangkong... basically anything that can be skewered. After satay celup, we had Bikik Neo nonya food. The nonya food was excellent in taste. Unfortunately, it is also nonya food that cause bad reactions. I could not sleep that night and thought I overeat. I wake up with a migraine. However, after easy breakfast of fruits, juices and cappuccino, I felt OK. However, by lunch time, I was nursing a headache and took tyernol before going for the Malacca famous Chicken Rice Balls. I had a bad reactions and basically returned my lunch into the hotel toilet. Luckily after an hour of rest, I felt much better. So I return to KL with no problem.
Before flying home, I had chicken again as it looks appetitizing. My memory was short! When I reach home, I could not do anything but sleep. I had two tyernol again after a couple hours of nap and return straight back to sleep. I must have slept 14 hours straight. It is terrible.

Eating should not be a dangerous pastime. Seems like my body disagree with hawker foods in Malaysia. I had so many bad experience now with hawker food in Malaysia. They are tasty but cause nasty reactions. So in Malaysia, eat at your own risks!

No comments: