Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ipoh Girls

Last night, in the resturant at Pavilion on the sixth floor, the table next to me was girls talk loudly that I heard everything they says. It is interesting to hear them talk. "How many years ago did we last meet?" "I think it is 1976 when we were in form 5". Whoa! I calculated... it is 32 years!! Then I guess how old they are. By now you know they are "old" girls. What is amazing is they are keeping in touch. I felt left out. Right in front of me is a live example of people staying keeping in touch after so many years. I hear who is now living in US, another living in Auckland after marrying a Kiwi and divorcing, a couple who are now teachers teaching in Singapore... Then they continue with their fond memories of their favorite teachers. I kind of wonder about Ipoh. Seems like all the kids grew up and leave town. So will be left. It is a small and right beside me a whole class has grown up and seem to have left Ipoh. There should be no one left. I really wonder???
I need to understand how come there are still people living in Ipoh from an Ipoh girl in our office.

No comments: