Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bukit Bintang in KL

It is interesting to stay in downtown KL. Sungei Wang is a huge shopping mall and I get lost there. It is quite old however and have plenty of toy and pewter stores. It seems like every twenty steps is a Starbucks. It must be a hip place because all the big coffee chains are represented including Coffee Beans and Tea Leaves, Gloria Jean, etc. A mix of old and new. The glitzy street for the tourists and the backlanes where traditional shops and resturants who has been there for generations. Some more than 60years. A real taste of nostalgic KL.
My colleagues and I ate at Sakura, a local Malaysia joint that offers malaysian cuisine and western food. I had nasi lemak and it is excellent. There is curry chicken, ikan bilis in sambal, half a hard boiled egg and a floss of some sort. Yummy is my verdict.

1 comment:

Janette Tang said...

event?? PRESENT!! details?? PRESENT!! photos?? ABSENT!! =(

There's a very famaous pan mee stall and ngau yuk hor in bukit bintang.

Indeed, land prices is sky rocketing in the golden triangle. Pavillion was once my school building stood.