Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Plenty of Good and Cheap Food

Yeah! For foodie and lover of hawker food, Kallang Airport Hawker Centre is back after renovation. I had the FHM aka fried hokkien mee and wanton mee. Both at $3 a serving. Both are award winning and highly recommended by U-Channel. It is kind of hard to reduce weight when I keep going for food tasting adventures. I am thinking of bringing the boys to experience the food. Hawker food is cheap and good. Menu is quite similar everywhere i.e. fishball noodles, duck rice, fried kway teow, wanton mee and so on. However, the preparation and taste is different. This is how popular stalls become "famous" and a must try. I understand hawkers who do well lived in bungalows and drive Mercedes. Like most professions only the top makes all the money. Most hawkers just get by.
I am exercising to compensation for my calories intake. Still I am gaining a kg a year. Not a good thing.

No comments: