Sunday, April 27, 2008

Iris Ho, the SIA Girl

On the way to Tokyo, I was quite impressed by the attitude of the stewardess who was serving my cabin. She is always smiling and very polite. I noticed she was always on the move asking passengers if they need anything else, serving water after the meal service, collecting used utensils, etc, etc. I was feeling cramped in my seat sitting on my ass for too long. So I go to the emergency exit to do some stretching exercises. Immediately, Iris Ho asked if she can get me anything, a drink perhaps? I declined and we chat a little and her fellow stewardess pop the same question to me. They must be trained to offer passengers out of their seats to drinks or anything things they desire (in case you have any funny idea, it must be within the SQ service offerings of course!)
Anyway, I found out that Iris has work in SQ for 9 nine years. I was surprised because most girls with her attitude and work ethics would be a Leading Stewardess in 6 years. She says she always missed by a few points when her promotion is due. I am not sure what this mean. Will find out more in my next few trips out to understand the promotion process for SQ cabin crews. Stay tuned...

No comments: