Friday, January 25, 2008

Is MBA for me?

This is now a $50,000 question with SMU offering EMBA or MBA part-time. I like SMU for innovative advertising and protrayal of new kid on the block in education. SMU takes a different approach and is "fun" in education. Niece P is studying in SMU now and she is working very hard. She is so confident now. My wife has been encouraging me to go back to school. Learning and continuous development is something I advocate strongly. I am mulling over and over this. It is a committment that I worry with a heavy travel schedule. I do enjoy the interaction with the professors and other students.

So should I go for it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think $$$ will be an issue for you but rather the time and commitment you have to invest.
I think you should go for it!

i was previously working in a private education provider & saw many students (e.g., Adonis CEO & many senior managers from reputable org) juggled with the MBA and PHD amidst busy schedule pretty well.

Go for it! Then we can be school mates. hahahaaha!
on a different level tho..


p.

Anonymous said...

oh & what happened to J's blog?
the link doesn't work anymore.
major overhaul to his blog?

p.

BookLover said...

No kidding. I love to be your school mates, p! We can study together... lol