Wednesday, December 19, 2007

YouTube

My youngest is watching YouTube with his friend and neighbour. I did not think too much about it. However, his friend's mum is concerned and told her son that I may not approve of him watching YouTube with B3. I strongly deny this statement. She told me she say "may not" only and not that I have objected.

I find this example interesting. Here is a mum who do not like her son to watch or do something and use me as a way to let her son know not to do. I have no idea what show it is and therefore do not like to make a judgement call.

However, after dinner, B3 told his brothers that he was playing the game in YouTube where he saw the movie on men looking at woman's breast and then look away. My wife threw a fit! She told him and his two brothers this is unhealthy and no boys should be playing this kind of game. I now know why his friend's mum did not watch her boy to watch YouTube.

I think it is time to instill values to the younger generation so that they understand and know what to do. I believe forbidden fruits taste sweetest. With internet and information explosion, it is impossible to police. I will like my sons to have values like honesty, prudence, propriety, work ethics and integrity.

No comments: