Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mum comes to Town...

My mother is here to visit. My wife reminded me to bring her out. I have to persuade her to come out with me as she is not very mobile. We had dim sum breakfast just opposite the Subordinate Courts. The resturant is ran by ex-convicts. So all the waiters have plenty of tattoos. They give great service and pays attention to our needs. Mum was asking me about chilli sauce and the waiter brought two small dishes even though I did not ask him. We had a good meal. All the staffs are very courteous and attentive. They seems to be keen to redeem themselves. Even my wife is who sensitive and nervous about shady characters is very comfortable to eat there. She is the one who suggest we should go to this place. We are very happy to patronize this resturant. The food is good and price is reasonable. My only complaint is their teh-C is terrible. It is lukewarm and taste awful.

After breakfast, we adjourn to Vivo City. We bought an Infrared Heater for mum for her knee problems. We had a fantastic massage by the Panasonic Massage Chair. There were no sales person. It is very nice to get a full course of fifteen minutes massage without listening to sales talk. I am drop by more often and hopefully there are no sales person on duty! I also tried the core muscle trainer. This is like horse back riding. According to the brochure, a professor from Japan visit Europe to study the horse riding therapy. Since horse riding is not popular and very expensive, he work with Matsushita to come up with a machine. This is the third generation machine. The price is $2,288. We walk over to Osim section and I-gallop is available for $598. I did not like I-gallop as the seat is small and it look like a rocking bicycle seat whereas the Panasonic is like riding a simulated horse. Ok, I have never riden on horseback and do not know how authentic it feels. However, if I have the money and going to buy, I will definitely go for the Panasonic model.

No comments: