Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Grammatical Errors

I always commit to grammatical errors when I write and send too quickly. It is important to read what I have type to reduce this kind of errors. Just look at the comment "Man! This is a long way from 10...lol and btw on Google get 10. I am happy with "1". It is better than "0""

Intead of "btw on Google get 10", I should have written "btw only Google gets 10". A simple remark and I committed two errors. One in omission and the other in breaking a rule. Btw stands for "by the way".

I have a couple of books which I feel is a must for all writers of English. One is The Complete Plains Words and the other is The Element of Style. I also like Painless Grammar. I know a forum writer recommended Martin and Wren's book on Grammar and Sumiko Tan wrote that she actually enjoyed reading a book on Grammar by Swan during her vacation.

I always find books on Grammar dry. Very dry and boring. I always have a hard time completing the book even reading forget about all the practise exercises that typically come together after the explanation and examples.

No comments: