Monday, November 05, 2007

The Rich Passenger

The passenger sitting beside me is a rich Korean lady. She wear a huge diamond ring and a diamond bracelet with a string of huge diamonds probably 1.5 carats each. Her watch is expensive too. She speaks excellent English and is back to visit her father who is old and ailing. I notices she has the current best seller in the bag as well, The Secret. I have not read The Secret yet. I know it is about getting rich and getting what you want and using mind to cure your health. I do not know why she is reading this book. I thought to myself wealth is never enough.

My old neighbours in the HDB flats in Yishun were regular kind of folks. They were school bus drivers and their wives are production workers. Their combined income would not be more than $3K per household per month. With that amount of money, it must be difficult to feed a family of four. Growing kids requires high expenditure for school fees, books, bus fares, meal allowance, clothes, entertainment, etc, etc. Just daily living. With the current inflation, it must be even more challenging.

I am sure they would love the recipes in The Secret to teach them how to earn or acquire more wealth. From poor to the super rich, everyone wants to know THE SECRET!

No comments: