Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ego Booster

My office manager is quite placid and indifferent any happening in the office. It was late in the evening when I spoke to her over the phone to followup on things to do after my meeting with Customer. In a "smiling" voice, she told me I must have an impact as the Customer I met yesterday has dropped 2 container loads order. I told her she sounds like her predecessor.

I spoke to another manager(her predecessor) who told me the office team is excited with the orders that came in. A team member say we should send me to Korea more often!

I did not think much as I have many followup to do. I took a walk in the mall to stretch my legs and get my blood flowing. I decided to reward myself with Coffee Bean coffee as I have abstained in the previous two nights in the interest of reducing my weight. As I was sipping the warm coffee, a wave of euphoria hits me. The smell and flavours of the coffee lifted my spirits. I feel like I am walking on air and the news of getting in two big orders sinked in. This is a wonderful walk. The girls I passed looked prettier. Previous two evenings, I can hardly find any pretty girls walking in the mall.

Mood is a funny thing I realised. Pretty girls are everywhere when I am in a good mood. I now know I am wearing a rose coloured glasses once I feel good.

No comments: