Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Festivities

The malls are jingling. The Christmas jingles are on everywhere. I loved Christmas. I was a great cynic in my younger days. I always thought Christmas is too commercial, a way for the retailer to increase their sales. Buying presents, giving gifts and doing the gifts exchange were marketing programs dream up by retailers.

After spending 7 Christmas in Canada, my opinion has changed. The gifts are still required but now I feel the Christmas spirit. I love the snow and the warm fire burning in the fireplace. My mood is green and red of the pointsettia. Our kids setup our Christmas and decorated to its finest. They also hang up the sock and put in their requests to Santa Claus.

Christmas is about giving and forgiving. Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol tells a tale of giving and sharing and the joys that we can share. I will be counting down to Christmas day. Then it is Merry Christmas! my dear readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm ... does this mean i can expect my present under your x'mas tree too?

heeeheeeee

;D

p.

Anonymous said...

Let me know... will get a present for you if you are coming over. Luv you!

Gugu