Sunday, August 12, 2007

What did I do on my rest day?

Wake up late in the morning and off to Raffles City for a cuppa in Spinelli and reading my favorite paper Sunday Times. I like Sumiko Tan's social experiment of revealing her cleavage last Tueday. She is so good at describing what happen when there is too much heaving cleavage in a meeting.

"You notice all the men's eyes swivel to the heaving embonpoint, then quickly swivel away, then sneak back again. It alters the whole tone of a meeting and shifts the focus from the business at hand. It becomes all about the bust and the lust - the real powerpoint."

A colleague of mine during my National Service days had this observation "The person who look at the cleavage most is the owner. Everytime a man looks, she will looks down."

I also spend a little time browsing at MPH in Basement 1. Raffles City is undergoing major renovations. More carpark space may be converted to retail. What a pity. It will make parking more challenging and expensive. The malls are getting less friendly to cars.

No comments: