Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday - a day for rest

God rest on Sunday. So the bible says. Sunday in our cosmopolitan city and country is study. My boys have to do their homework and study for the upcoming exams. As for me, I managed to finished Charles Handy's The Elephant and The Flea. I am the flea working for an elephant (large organisation). Elephants will have to learn to live with the fleas with the changes that shift to knowledge work. Me a flea have to give up my freedom to work for an elephant who give me pay for my work. Eventually, I have to consider a portfolio work. That is instead of retiring, I will be doing part-time or project work. With the law changing to move the retirement age from 62 to 67 in line with the increased life expectancy, we will all have to work till we dies. Work both paid or unpaid.

Sunday is a good day for reading and learning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its good to work but dont let it control your life.Retirement is fun so long as you have something interesting to do.
BT :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are good story teller and I enjoys reading your stories. Have to suspend my skepticism sometimes. Still very fun and imaginative. Keep writing...
BL