Thursday, July 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Tonight is the last night in the hotel. I am looking forward to going home tomorrow morning. Sleeping in my bed, eating the home cooked food (if you consider tingkat or catered food as home cooked), being with family and in comfort and safe zone - home. Yes, it is a always good to go home.

I remember the first time I emigrated to Canada. We were very poor and was unable to come home for the first 3 years. It is really tough to try out new life in a new country. I was very excited to come back to Singapore after 3 years in a totally "ang mo and HK place". The most welcoming voice was a SQ stewardess saying "welcome" in Singlish. I felt at home already. I remember going outside for lunch waiting SQ to fly past in her approach to the Toronto Airport. Unfortunately, SQ stopped all flights to Toronto due to Air Canada worried about competition.

By the way, I did visit the book stores. Borders is here and there is an Australian chain Dymocks and Angus & Robertson. With the exchange rates, the prices are much higher than at home. So I did not buy any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BL,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving yr comments.
Welcome back too..hope u had a wonderful time in SYD.Btw did your Adsense reached US$5 already? Reason I ask is bcos Google gv me $5 for someone whom I recommended to Adsense and having reach the $5 mark in 180 days :)
BT

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, you are right. I passed $5. May not meet target of $100 in 180 days. Must gather more traffic. Still thinking hard on writing something more sticky...
BL