Saturday, June 16, 2007

Millionaire's Reflections

I am thinking on reading Fooled by Randomness and when I read Millionaire Next Door. I felt good after reading Millionaire Next Door. This is why I bought the 2nd book by the same author, The Millionaire Mind. Fooled by Randomness was entertaining. It is has a point. Whatever recommendations Millionaire Mind has can also be applied to non-millionaire.

So the question is "Is it Karma that determine whether we are Millionaire?" I am just thinking of a friend of mine. He bought a condo a few months ago. This condo is just a paper condo. The foundation is just being dug. With the price going up, he has made $800,000 as at today. Is this luck or random event? Why did I not buy a condo? This guy is 15 years my junior and he is much richer than me now because he bought at the right time. He do not even have to come up with much money to buy as it is on differed payment scheme. With maybe $15,000, he earns $800,000 in about six months.

So if this is a random event, why not me? Lady Luck did not smile on me? It is because I did not participate in the property market that is red hot right now. Should I jumped into the bandwagon now? Sigh! I believe in destiny. What is not mine will not be mine. Although I have a Scientific and Logical mind, I also believe in fate. This is why I am blessed with a great wife and three expectionally adorable and handsome boys. They are worth more than millions. Of course it will be nice to have a million dollars to buy them whatever they want....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm blessed!!
BL