Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hard Crash!

Actually, my hard disk crash! First the system turn deep blue. Computer geeks call this the Deep Blue Sea. A couple of blue screen incidents is an indicator the hard disk is unstable and ready to crash. Crash it did. Frantically, I called my office for help. IT manager suggested I have to go to HP.

HP has Customer Service Centre in Alexander Road. I send in and requested for express service. The technician managed to recover some of my files. Unfortunately, my extended warranty expired three months ago. So the replacement of the hard drive cost $338 and some cents. The drive costs $155, labour costs $95 and express costs $60. Balance must be taxes. Nowadays, the memories are not made to last. It seems hard disk drive will crash in a couple years of use. Please remember back up your files.

I was lucky that my files can be recovered. I am back in business:)

No comments: