Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Crispy Prata

I read the review of Crispy Prata in Asiaone last week. Sounds interesting. So I decided to try out this place when I woke and was feeling hungry. So instead of going to my usual place for teh halia, I went to The Prata Shop in Thomson Road. The prata was very crispy and tasty. The curry is the best curry I have tasted among my favourite prata shops.

I am not sure if it is because it is new that I have tasted. I would rank the curry much better than my regular Prata Shop at Causuarina Road. I avoid Jalan Kayu Prata as the price is high and quality and taste is a poor second compared to Causuarina Road. The other reason is Jalan Kayu Famous Prata does not treat her customers well.

Oh, on the same row of shops as The Prata Shop is a Dim Sum shop that is very popular and crowded. I think I will go there to try out the food. It must be good to attract a large crowd.

Yes, I just measured my weight and I am gaining back again once I am home. Sigh! Good food, Good life, Poor Health, Terrible Looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jl Kayu prata is lousy but i dont know why ppl still flock there. NTUC fairprice prata(plain) is yummy n easy to cook.
Prataaaaaaaa!!
BT..hehehe

Anonymous said...

I like Springhome as recommended by Straits Times. Thank God for frozen prata. It was taste of home when we were living in Canada. The other was satay spices in packet form. Love them!
BL