Monday, April 30, 2007

Honey-Do

A new term we just learn from our colleague from US. He took his "honey-do" vacation. He take his leave and stay at home to fulfil his Honey! Do this. Honey! Do that! Working on the house. I had lots of memories. Memories of living in Canada. Living in a house in Canada requires lot of maintenance. Cutting grass in summer, shoveling snow in winter. Do-it-yourself home improvement. Finishing up basement, upgrading the kitchen, paint it yourself, wall paper, plumbing, lights, electrical wiring, just about everything. My ex-boss remodel and rebuilt his house in San Diego all by himself. He consider doing all these activities therapeutic. Come to think of it, I do enjoy the sense of accomplishment after completing the work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, I enjoy tidying my room by myself. Don't like people to touch my belongings. I always felt better after cleaning up the room or assemble the bookshelves from I brought from Ikea myself. I just update my blog. Do take a look. Cheers.

BookLover said...

I am glad to hear from you! Will drop by...