Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dream

One of the many dreams I have is to retire in a University with a massive library and just do reading and research. Maybe teach young kids some courses or coach them. If I have all the money in the world, I always wonder which University who I live. It should be in a small city with good medical facilities and a reasonable selection of recreational activities.

Arthur C. Clarke is a well known science writer and futurologist. He wrote science fiction as well. He is actually a Professor teaching in the University of Ceylon. He has lived in Ceylon for many years and is very old now. He was interviewed on TV once many years ago. At that time he is with the current communication technology he can live anywhere in the world. Cellphone or internet was not invented yet. Today, the world is a lot smaller and better connected. This mean living anywhere should be easier than 30 years ago.

Where would I live when I retire? I am still pondering...

No comments: