Saturday, April 14, 2007

2012

I was browsing books as usual in HK airport transit hall. This title caught my eyes. Mayan prophesied that life as we know it will change in the year 2012. Unfortunately, this book was encapsulated in plastic. I was unable to browse through the content. I decided to check up on Kinokuniya.com and Amazon.com. Amazon has more than 3 pages of titles with 2012. Will there be a significant event or change in 2012?

There were many books that predict the earth poles will shift in the year 2000. Nostradamus quatrain has one that says in July 2000 something major will happen on earth. Well, it is almost 7 years and I am not sure what is the "major" event that has happened since 2000.

The future is hard to predict and even harder to predict with accuracy. It is best we carry on living as usual and be resilient to handle any shocks that may come.

No comments: