Thursday, March 22, 2007

Old Guard - Inflight Supervisor, The BDP

BDP is Best Demonstrated Practice. Or the best example.

Today, I took a flight from KL to Sin. Short sector, about 40 mins. When I reach the aircraft door, there was an old gentleman in grey suit. I now know this guy is a inflight supervisor instead of a crew chief. This old guy had his reading glass on. He has a receding hairline, may be bald would be a better description. He was extremely courteous. He notices I have a Starbuck coffee with me. Since my hand was busy, he showed me to my seat and put my luggage up to the luggage compartment for me. I am very impressed by him. He has done something the SQ crews have not done for long time. Nowadays, the crews will show you to your seat and the open the luggage compartment and wait patiently for you to put up your luggage yourself.

Kudos to you, Victor Lim. I hope SQ recognise you and give you a service award.

No comments: