Sunday, March 18, 2007

Haze is back!

I am up at half past six. Dinner last night was excellent. We had Korean food at Chang in Dempsey Road. After that we had a drink in Robertson Walk. I usually do not go out at night in Singapore. Our night life is vibrant. Future of young adults who were out drinking. The place was crowded. Orchard Road was full of people walking along the street. The city is alive and well.

At about 7am in the morning, I can smell the haze. I look out and see the sky is quite hazy confirming that the haze is back. The burning is back. When will the environmentally unfriendly practice stop? Why can't the government do anything?

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL,I dont think it was the haze from Indonesia.There are lots of burning going on somewhere north of where U stay...nearer to yio chu kang.They burn the items (dont know what they are) late in the night. Someone should complain to the authorites.

Anonymous said...

You are right! The haze and burnt smell stopped in the late morning. I know I am near Johore where there is a refinery who will burn excess gases. It is actually quite spectacular at night as the flame shoot up high and lights up the whole night sky. You can see it from Pungol.
BL