Monday, March 12, 2007

Build Your Own Fish Trap

I decide to google and check out what kind of fish traps available and hey presto!, a fish trap made our of plastic soda bottle. I have a half empty diet coke. I drank the coke but was too much. So I encourage my sons to drink up the rest. Once it is empty, I get to work immediately. After 20 mins, it is ready. I put in some bait and hurry to the fishing spot together with the boys. The trap did not work, the fishes were not going into the trap.

Coming back home disappointed, I decided to check out the blog again. I did not follow instruction completely. I have to saw off the neck of the bottle. B3 has a good idea. Instead of walking for 10 mins to try it, we test our trap in our pond. After about 10 mins, it works. A couple of goldfishes enter the trap and could not get out. Then some guppies were caught as well.

Time for the live test. We went to the fishing spot when the tide is rising. We could not catch any fish. The fishes were not attracted by my baits. I have to figure out what kind of baits that will attract the fish.

To learn how to build you own soda bottle trap, go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbum/20834919/in/pool-make/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey, BT! How about SL? She was a great supporter of you! I am a huge fan of your blog too!
BL "

BL...U posted this comment on my blog but I didn't get it. What do u mean?
BT :-)

BookLover said...

Yaaa.. you were saying someone was the first to leave words of encouragement. I was just reminding you that there are others before:)

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

oic,that explains,thanks. That article was a much earlier one which i repost and that guy was the first person to compliment..it was in October 2006.
Never mind, SL and you are my greatest supporters and vv...hehehe
:-)
BT

BookLover said...

Oh! OK. I bet you had lots more compliments since then. You write well...I am envious:)

BL