Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Niece, My Feedback Loop

I hosted dinner for my sisters and my nephews and nieces today, day 1 of CNY. They brought the "gold" (mandarin oranges) and wish me prosperity, health, wealth, career success, and everything I wished for will come true. They really wants their gu-gu to be the richest guy on earth.

I am glad to know niece "P"(have to protect her identity) read my blogs. She has lots of feedback. It take her mum some coaxing before she warms up to giving me the feedback. She is fairly vocal and I welcome it. She first disarm me by giving me back the phrase "feedback is the breakfast of champions". Good start!

First, many grammatical errors. I mix past tense with present tense. It is not consistent. An article should be consistently in the past tense or present tense.
Next, after "to" it is always present tense. She notices I use past tense after to.
Then, she find my blog "boring". I do not have a specific topic or do not write on current hot topics.
At the same time, she find my blog funny. What an oxymoron! Her point is that for strangers it will be boring, since she know the author, she know what I am talking about.
I felt it is probably political incorrect to have link to blog on sexploits. Gu-Gu should not lead his nieces astray. She was nonchalant about it. She has heard all the stories and more. I checked with my eldest sister. Well, her best friend is a stewardess working for SQ. So Boh Tong's stories must be true!

All I hope is I can capture niece "P" interest and she continues to read and give her feedback to me, her uncle. As my writings improves, she may recommends my blog to her classmates in the University.

Will you? my dear Niece. Gu Gu needs your support.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah niece P is very fierce huh?So u cannot link to my blog cos of sexploit? I sure kena from her also cos my english is bad too :)
BT

BookLover said...

My ego was all blue and black today after yesterday's bruising. She is the only niece that engages in proper conversations with me.

"P", gu-gu is just kidding. Mummy is right, gu-gu loves your feedback so that gu-gu can improves.

Anonymous said...

BL. and "P"....I was just kidding too..no offense ya?
Good to have this type of niece/critic so one can improve lor.
BT.

BookLover said...

Ya, no issue at all. "P" is the best! She is very sporting. No problem lah!

Anonymous said...

LOL.

yea, feedback is the breakfast of champions!
since blogs are made public, i guess all bloggers have to give themselves some leeway for visitors to praise or slam and scrutinise if the content is less than satisfactory.

haha i love anonymity!


P.

Anonymous said...

oh anyway about the BT's sexploit blog, seriously, no biggie about it.

in smu, we have very open discussions about sex, promiscuity etc. therefore, i don't think it is politically incorrect to link up BT's blog.

there are tons of more explicit content free for all to access these days.

this IS the 21st century!


P.