Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Importance of Water Filter in a pond

The outdoor pond I have is "high maintenance". Water turns cloudy with algae, algae clogged the pump, the pond looks dirty most of the time. Yes, it is "natural" look, I convinced myself. The fishes cannot be seen. "They must be hiding in under the rocks" I reasoned. My wife was adamant. "Water must be clear, then it is a pond" she admonished. "Besides, it may not be good for your career." she would point out using her scare tactics.

I have procastinated for two years. Now the water filter has been bought, installed and operating, it is amazing how nice the pond looks. It is does not require a consummated handyman or a subcontractor to install. It is so simple and easy to install that any nincompoop will be able to complete the installation. I am a nincompoop when it come to tasks around the house. As you know, my abilities are in books...

Well, well! Now I am getting praises from my wife(she insists on my wife instead of The Wife). Actually, I kind of regret why it took me two years to figure this out. During the two years, I have probably read twenty or more books and fifty magazines (courtesy of Singapore Airlines). To install the pond water filter takes about the time to read two chapters The Definitive Drucker.

For everyone who read this article, to keep your pond water clean and clear, please install a water filter with UV light. The pleasure of seeing the fishes in the pond is rewarding.

No comments: