Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Food Reviews

The pen is mighty than the sword. Reading the Sunday Times reviewing the new year goodies, Singlong Peanut Cookies gets four stars. Five stars mean tastes heavenly. I assume 4 stars must mean very good. Peanut is my favourite nut. It is cheap and tasty. It is also addictive. Once I starts, it is hard to stop. I am nuts about nuts.

With 4 stars, I was hungry for some and since I am in the homeland of Singlong, I went looking for it in Giant. The bottle was stuck it a big price tag. So I know it must be the display. After searching the shelves futilely for several minutes, I decided to take the last bottle. I open it to savour the taste of peanut cookies. When the expectations are high, disappointment sets in. It tasted quite ordinary rather than out of ordinary as described in Sunday Times. I guess my tastebud is not the same as the reviewer. Probably the other reviewed Peanut Cookies tasted worse. Whatever it is, the mass media can move my opinions.

No comments: