Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dinner - cheap, cheap! good, good!

We attended the sales meeting of our partner in Xiamen. This is their first sales meeting. There were 30 in attendance including my colleague and I. The investor of the company was there together with his wife.

When I enter, another supplier was there talking about his products, market and competition. All in Mandarin. He is quite good in representing his product and explains everything right. Somehow I find the style a little archaic. Maybe because it is traditional and there is no sizzles. Don't get me wrong. I am not the sizzles type myself. I am all steak. Have you heard of sell the sizzles and not the steak. This is a favorite saying in Canada where it is important to sell the frills of the product rather than the product itself.

My colleague presented and unveil the incentive program for our partner. The sales team was excited and charged up. They even request for more to go for the incentive trip provided they double the growth expectations. I agreed. We adjourn for dinner.

The resturant was nondescript. It is like any live seafood resturant in Singapore. We had more than 15 dishes and many bottles of red wine. The food was delicious with a few famous local dishes in Xiamen like fried mee suah, brinjal, fish soup, chicken with french beans,...then biggest surprise was the bill. 3 tables, red wine, so much food for S$300. I have to pay S$300 for one table in Singapore without any alcohol.

It would be fantastic to earn in Singapore and live in Xiamen.

No comments: