Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Christmas Wish

I have a wish for Christmas. It is a selfish wish. I wish I can start my own business and be independent of a job. So far, I have been only reading how to be an entreprenuer. I have read the Rich Dad Poor Dad, Before You Quit, We want you to be Rich, others. Many books indeed. When will I start to act and do my own business?

A job has steady and stable income. However, stability is an illusion. All employees are at the mercy of the employers. In the news recently, many high fliers General Manager(in maybe SIA), VPs have taken a break or retrenched and have found it nearly impossible to get back to the job market. The good news is the General Manager now found a job after 12 years of searching with a pay between $4,800 and $6,400 per month. This is good ending. My best wishes to the GM and may be grow in his new job and earn back his self-esteem.

I wonder why is it so difficult for me to start a business. Do I have a psychological fear of failure? Maybe it is the fear of success? Maybe I should be more altruistic and wish for peace or poor kids get their toys or orphans are fed or something more attainable like visiting my mum who live in Canada.

Yes, in my profile I put myself as an entreprenuer wanna-be. My wish and dream will come true just like the movie "Singapore Dreaming"... Pa strikes a $2 million lottery.

My profile will change from entreprenuer wanna-be to entreprenuer-to-be to entreprenuer to successful entreprenuer to "business man of the year". That will be a wish come true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U brought Secrets of Male Entrepreneurs Exposed! by Dale Beaumont? I brought the Female version lor. Quite an interesting read. In it, the entrepreneurs shared with us the books they read for their business and experience they went through. I brought it at Popular bookshops at 20% discount after I flashed my Popular membership card. :)

BookLover said...

I will take a look at Kino. I have seen it but did not like the cover.