Friday, October 06, 2006

TGIF

Thank God! It's Friday. Grant Smith, my first American boss bring me to a resturant called TGIF. He told me the full name is Thank God!... I look at him blinking. Still trying to understand what this mean...he interpreted my look to one of disbelief. "I am serious! This is what it mean." he added. In US and I guess many part of the world, there will be millions of workers who will thank God that it is Friday. Weekend is here! We get to do fun stuff. Stuff we enjoys doing.

A little brief about Grant Smith. Grant is an engineer. He designs electronics. He did not have a formal degree in electronics but he understands electronics well and enjoys the creative side of designing electronics circuits. After he left Singapore, I visited him in Ventura, California. He designs a power supply that won a contract in Washington, D.C. That brought a lot of calls from headhunters. This is the last news I had from Shirley, his wife. I worked for Grant from 1984 to 1986. Yoh-Chie Lu, owner of Biosensors today was our boss then.

No comments: