Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nasi Lemak

This morning I decided to go earlier so that I can have breakfast in Adam Road Hawker center before going to SIM. I had nasi lemak from the famous stall. Price is a little steep for hawker center but the taste is good. I actually "discover" when I was sleepless from jet lag after a trip to US a couple of years ago. I was up at 4am and was restless and decided to drive around to nowhere. At about 5:30 am I driving near Adam's Road hawker center, I noticed a few taxi parked in the car park. So I assumed some stalls must be open and decide to stop have a look. Actually only the mamak(Indian tea) stall was open. There was activity at the nasi lemak stall. The owner was cooking. So I decided to wait. When the food was ready, he serves it to me. It was good. After that, I decided to go next few mornings to kill time there. This was a couple of years ago and this morning, the owner recognised me. It is like visiting old friend.

By the way, this stall is popular and usually there is a long queue during meal time. It has been featured in the Strait Times. The owner says Sultan of Brunei patronise his stall. He(Sultan) would send someone to buy it when he is in Singapore.

No comments: