Saturday, July 22, 2006

Virus

Ever been infected? Your computer I mean. It is not easy to get rid of virus and it cost money. Viruses are insidious. They are were embedded and pull in more viruses from the internet. I have a hard time as my system keep flashing warning and the browser just go crazy. It keep sending me to anti-virus websites and it is impossible to do anything else in the system. Luckily my brother-in-law is in IT. I spent the whole afternoon following his instructions and even then it was not clean. He helps me out with his software as well as help me buy another anti-virus software to clean up my system.

Do you know there are two types of anti-virus software? One is for virus that damage your files, the other is anti-spyware. Spyware download information from your computer. My brother-in-law feel that the reason we need two different software is because the companies have an implicit understanding not to compete with each other.

No comments: