Monday, June 05, 2006

Lunch with Jeffrey

Jeffrey is my course mate in a management seminar. We were "partners in crime" when it come to challenging the professor. We meet occassionally for lunch to share and advice each other on business. When it comes to knowledge in business and reading widely, I would take my hat off to Jeffrey.

We have our intellectual discussions as usual. One of the key questions is "How does one turn knowledge in dollars". Both he and I knows a lot but we are not converting our knowledge in wealth. Both of us added wealth to our employers while we are paid for our time. I have toyed around with different business ideas but never executed them due to my golden handcuffs. Jeffrey shared with me his ideas. Hey, we are very very similar. Maybe we should joined hands and be partners in a future business venture. Training and Coaching? Or Management Services to SMEs? Buy a struggling business and turn it around? How about buy a small business and grow to it certain size and take it public? Ideas are useless unless they are translated in action and results. Will continue stay in touch with Jeffrey. One day the tipping point will happen and we both become wealthy instead of making others wealthy.

No comments: