Thursday, May 04, 2006

Is my passion teaching?

I have been toying around the idea of giving training and coaching for a living. I know I always enjoyed learning and teaching. I reflect back all that I have achieved in my career. As I climbed the corporate ladder and move from doer to working through others. Work through others is very difficult at first. The temptation to do it myself is always there. Micro-managing i.e. telling people how to do and checking every step of the way. Over time, I grows and grows. I first learn to manage and then to lead. Today, my joy is seeing people grows under my watch. I am very proud to say many who worked with me before consider me their mentor.

I learned different techniques. One of my favourite is leadership by example. The other is story telling to get a message through. I have turnaround two businesses that were making losses to profit. People in my team grew in their capabilities and earnings. It is very rewarding for me to see my team grow and develop and become leaders in the own right.

Should I be a professional coach and consultant?

No comments: