Monday, April 24, 2006

Thinking about my own business

I have been running business successfully. Read all the business books I can buy and understand the theories and practice. Why is it I still do not go into business of my own? It always has been a dream to be running my own business. Imagine the freedom from bosses, hr practices, politics, performance reviews and office hours! The ability to put best practises of management and leadership. I reflect and think. Is it because I am brought up thinking of only working for others, have a good job, climb the corporate ladder? Or is it the golden handcuffs, the steady paychecks and benefits. I am a risk taker. I emigrated to Canada with no job and a couple of person to call and survived. Yet going into my own business is still a dream. How can I translate this dream to reality? I know my capabilities. I know I have the abilities to turn around businesses that have lost money and make them profitable. I have track record of turning around two business now.

So I must take the plunge or regret at my deathbed I did not try.

No comments: