Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Japan

Does the environment impacts our behaviour? I just return from Japan for my annual visit to see my Customers. One of the feedback I get is I am now more Japanese. I no longer say no and objects like American. Instead I apologise and says we will investigate and get back to them. I have no idea this was their impression. My first visit to Japan was four years ago when I was still living in Canada. I had spent 3 years there. I was new to this job and was planning to move only just before the new year so that our boys will start school in Singapore. It is interesting to get this feedback as I am not aware this was the impression I was giving to my Japanese Customers. Fours years in Asia, I have become more Asian again. I will always speak Singlish. In the last two years, I started to use dialect more frequently. Over time, the environment has impact on my behaviour...I have become more Asian again.

No comments: