Friday, July 08, 2005

Son, why are you so impatient?

Half asleep in bed feeling the nice cool air caressing my naked chest, my cellphone rang! "Daddy, my tuition is over. Come pick me up!" the voice in the phone pierce into my half concious mind. "Can you take the train and come home yourself" I asked. "Huh!! It is so late..." "Ok, wait for Daddy at the entrance of Junction 8 where I drop you off". I shake off my lethargy and put on a T-shirt, pick up the car keys and drive off to pick him up.

He saw my car and ran to open the door the moment I stopped for him. I noticed his hand is holding some notes that has almost been torn into 2. "What happened to your papers?" I asked. "Every min past 9:20, I tear a bit" he replied angrily. "You took more than 20 mins to come!!" he chided.

Did I have an ungrateful child? Did I not inculcate the right values? Is he naturally selfish and self-centred? I wonder.

2 comments:

Li said...

I think sometimes we can't give in to their demands too much else they will not appreciate it. We need to teach them opportunities cost. Communication is important too.

jerrick said...

I know my bro is like this.