Friday, March 23, 2012

One Step Nearer Home

I am in the Star Alliance Lounge blogging. Yes, I left behind the halfway house to moonscape. It is not the "hardware" but the "software". People(the software) is warm in Reno. I made good friends and will welcome to host them when they come to Singapore or Malaysia. So...I shall be back!

Three weeks passed very quickly and now it is time to go home. It is the start of another journey. I am quite impressed by the colleagues I am going to work with. They are responsive and customer-oriented. I am also very happy to be able to start teaching of my concept in managing business. Frankly, I was surprise by the ability of the support staff in understanding several of the key ideas I shared with her. She is one of the rare one that grasp my explanation so quickly. I later found out that she used to be a manager. I think she will enjoy working with me and developing her capabilities and skills further.

I think my weight has increased with the increased food intake. It is nice to go PCN to cycle. My sore muscles have recovered with 3 weeks of rest. Surprisingly, I did not suffer backache even though I have stopped exercising and the bed I slept in was soft.

Gratitude time for happiness!

1. I am grateful for all the good food I have eaten these few days. Even though...hai...my weight is up.

2. I am grateful for all the good people I am working with. Life is so much more fun with capable colleagues.

3. I am grateful to go home. It is time to enjoy my teh halia, roti prata, roast duck, fishballs and all the hawker food that is considered exotic in here in United States.

Yes, life is good when food is good.

No comments: