Friday, March 23, 2012

Vietnamese Lunch

I had a wonderful lunch with 3 colleagues. We went to Golden Flower and the pho is authentic. I ordered fried spring rolls and everyone agreed it was excellent. I had coffee, the strong and sweet Viet-style and what is called 3 beans desserts. We are an International bunch - a Vietnamese, Taiwan-born American and mainland Chinese Canadian.

The conversation was good. The Vietnamese lady drives a beautiful and new BMW four-by-four. It is obvious she only drives from home to work - so careful and timid. However, she is very nice, sweet and petite.

This is my last meal with my new colleagues before I head home. Ahhhh...home sweet home. I am glad there are good food in Reno, good friends, good memories,... and I shall return maybe in a year's time.

No comments: