Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Busy Day in the Office

It is back-to-back training. First, I was given a whirlwind tour of the office and meeting everyone. Then IT come and brief me on the policies and how to use the computer. After that, it is one department to another. Regulatory Affairs, Innovation, Customer Support and I spent some time with my key contacts.

Lunch was with 2 HR ladies. We had good conversation about kids. A young girl who just left the company came over to buy her lunch. She married an Airforce personnel who is responsible for loading of aircrafts. She will be relocating to Virginia. They were recently married and he is gone for a few months. What a life! I thought I was bad when I keep leaving the country for work. I am out of country usually one week, sometimes two. However, this man is gone for a few months!!!

This girl is young and sweet. Her husband is a native Indian and does not do paperwork or pay attention to where he is supposed to go. He seems quite weak in capabilities. I think military service is good for this kind of men. The girl is now going to school to be a court stenographer. So as husband and wife, they are quite matching in skills and capabilities. So it should be alright for them.

Coming back to lunch. Man! I am starving in the afternoon. Women need so little food. I had half and half. Half a soup and half a sandwich. The meal just flow through my system. I am glad to reach home and snack on home-made cake, home-made cookies and pita chips.

No comments: