Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to Reno Again

I left Toronto at 9:45am this morning. There is no direct flight from TO to Reno. So it is 5 and half hours to San Francisco and a three and half hours layover before connecting to Reno with an 37 mins flight. Total travel time is 12 hours. What a tiring journey.

I am glad to be back in the home of my friend. Now I have internet and can blog again. The previous blog entry was for Saturday. Dinner is deep fried calamari, curry mussels, fabulous homemade cookies, strawberries and I peeled and slice the mangoes as usual. The younger boy loved mangoes and likes me to cut for him.

I am so glad to visit mum. It is so nice to leave her home better than when I first arrived. I felt so good to vaccuum and clean up her place. We did not have to buy a new vaccuum cleaner after I washed the filters clogging up the intake of fan motor. The vaccuum cleaner just need maintenance. She bought a Zojiroshi 3-cups GABA rice cooker and a new mattress to increase the height of the bed which helps her when she has to get up from the bed.

We had good conversation and ate at the Pho Vietnamese resturant as well as dim sum on Saturday morning.

This is the last week of my trip. I will be glad to be heading home for teh halia, chicken rice, wanton mee and fishball noodles.

No comments: