Friday, July 08, 2016

Dinner at Tang's

We have to go to Far East Plaza to make a rubber stamp.  Parking is per entry in Lucky Plaza after 5pm.  Make sure you reached carpark gantry after 5:15 to be sure.  I entered at 5:05pm before and have to pay extra two hours or $3.68 as well as the per entry price.  The carpark clock is not so accurate I guess.  It is not worthwhile to enter Lucky Plaza carpark between 4 and 5pm as you still have to pay for the first two hours and then per entry price.

After our errands, I check out all the food outlets in Far East Plaza.  The sushi resturant has fairly good sushi but at quite high price.  I do not like fish and my boys are not with me.  So I decided to skip after checking out the menu.  Then I go to Nanbei Yakitori which I like.  Prices are much higher for dinner. Usually I eat set lunch there and even then I usually pay $20 to $25 per head.  I think dinner will cost more than $40 per head.  So it will be poor value to eat there.

We then walked to Fat Duck but my wife did not like Fat Duck as she thinks the food is not fantastic for the price.  Chinatown hawker center has the same char siew using pork belly for $6 instead of $13.80++ or $14.80++.  So we settle on expensive hawker food in Tangs as there are seats.  Popiah is $3.50, Satay is 80cents per stick and Penang fried kway teow large $8. 

In total dinner at Tangs cost $3.50+$4.80+$3.60+$8 just under $20 for two.  Not bad in aircond comfort but all self service.  Two hot drinks at $1.80 each.  B2 joins us halfway and help us finish the Penang Kway Teow.

After dinner, we walk to Takashimaya as I want to pass time in Kinokuniya.  In front of Wisma Atria, there was a busker, Ken who plays guitar.  It is comfortable to sit on the steps.  Ken's show is a washout.  Two groups gave up watching during the first singing.  We gave up on the 2nd songs.  Ken invited the audience to go to the stage to sing while he strum his guitar.  I think his style and songs are unsuitable for my taste.

At Kino, while browsing at the Philosophy section, a young lesbian couple came by.  It is getting more and more common to see lesbians or lesbian behaviour.  They are pretty open. 

No comments: