Thursday, April 07, 2016

Buying Pork

I go to a popular fresh pork stall in AMK Ave 1 and Ave 10 wet market.  I was there early and the queue is short.  I always watch what people ahead of me buys and how much they pay.  Every time, I see they buy lots of different cuts i.e. pork ribs, lean meat, ribeye and pork belly.   It take some time to cut out and weigh the meat for my predecessors.  Then when it come to the total bill, it is like 20 plus dollars.  Whereas for me, I get a pork belly plus rib or pork belly plus collar meat, my total will be 30 plus dollars.  I have to pay so much more.  I usually get 1 kg or 1.5 kg per cut since I bbq them.  My boys and I are basically carnivores.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Fresh pork is nutritious so paying a little more is ok as long as you can afford it BL.

BookLover said...

Yes, and it lasted us for two dinners and I still have some leftovers which I will use for making sandwiches.